I’m a Naturopathic Doctor and Licensed Acupuncturist in Park city Utah. I have been practicing in Park City for 8 yrs. I have recently started Alpine Holistic Medicine, PLLC, in the Prospector area of Park City. I have experience in treating a wide variety of conditions, from pain management to general health conditions like Gastrointestinal health, Cardiovascular health, Pediatrics to the well aged individuals. I have a kind heart open ears and a wealth of knowledge to share with you on your journey to health.
Naturopathic Medicine is based on 6 key principals:
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae): Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-healing process in people that is ordered and intelligent. Naturopathic physicians act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery, and to facilitate and augment this inherent self-healing process.
- Identify and Treat the Causes (Tolle Causam): The naturopathic physician seeks to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere): Naturopathic physicians follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient:
- Utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat;
- Avoid when possible the harmful suppression of symptoms; and
- Acknowledge, respect, and work with individuals’ self-healing process.
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere): Naturopathic physicians educate their patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. They also recognize and employ the therapeutic potential of the doctor-patient relationship.
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathic physicians treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors. Since total health also includes spiritual health, naturopathic physicians encourage individuals to pursue their personal spiritual development.
- Prevention: Naturopathic physicians emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
As a licensed Naturopathic Doctor in Utah I am a Primary Health care provider. I can help manage health care in a similar manner as a General Health Doctor. I am able to prescribe medications, do blood work, order lab work like x-rays, ultrasound imaging, MRIs and manage medications. I do food allergy and food sensitivity testing as well. I favor natural remedies for treatment yet if needed I also use prescription medications. In the office I have an extensive Herbal Formulary including western herbs like echinacea and ginseng while also having chinese herbs to create formulas specific to your needs. I am trained in Intravenous therapies and do IVs of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to help your body get what it need to heal itself. I also use physician grade supplements to aid in healing.
I have a masters degree in Chinese medicine and Acupuncture MSOM (masters of science in oriental medicine). Acupuncture and chinese herbs are a big component in my treatment plans for obtaining optimal health.
The combination of these two medical traditions gives me a deep tool bag from which I can drawl upon in helping you find your optimal health.